Well hello there. We are looking for a special someone to join the team at our volunteer centre. Please pass on to anyone and everyone who may be interested. The deadline to apply is Tuesday 16th July 2019. Keep reading for more details or to apply go directly to the CharityJob website.
Best Practice Manager
£31,000 FTE (£18,600 pro rata, 3 days pw)
Job Description: This is a superb opportunity to join one of the best Volunteer Centres in the country to support and advise volunteer-involving organisations (VIOs) in Camden. Volunteer Centre Camden (VCC) seeks an expert Best Practice Manager who will be responsible for delivering our ‘Best Practice Plus’ service as well as supporting our volunteer brokerage service.
Austerity and cuts have meant that charitable organisations need volunteers more and more, but have less resources to manage them effectively. The Best Practice Manager will work with VIOs in Camden of all sizes, but targeting those with a turnover less than £150,000 per year, to be able to recruit, induct, train, support and supervise volunteers in a manageable and effective way for their organisation.
The Best Practice Manager will successfully build relationships at all levels to carry out their work and further the excellent reputation and work of the Volunteer Centre. The Best Practice Manager is an ambassador for VCC and this role is at the very heart of VCC’s activities.
VCC is an internationally-recognised, dynamic and forward-thinking Volunteer Centre committed to promoting and developing volunteering in all of its forms. Reporting direct to the Chief Executive, the Best Practice Manager role comes with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to shape the delivery of the service, but it is essential that there is close and supportive work with the rest of the team.
- Provide volunteer management best practice consultancy to VIOs through workshops, 1-2-1 sessions, email and telephone
- Help VIOs to introduce more flexible volunteer roles
- Organise and deliver Forums and Workshops for Volunteer Managers
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data and conduct analysis of work carried out
- Produce reports for Funders (Camden Council, etc), CEO and Trustees on work carried out and its impact
- Produce a resource bank of material and documents for VIOs and volunteer managers
- Generate income through charging for professional best practice service to charities not eligible for free support
Volunteer Brokerage Service
- Support VCC’s volunteer brokerage service, including helping to organise Volunteer Fairs and Drop-ins
- Recruit, induct, train, support and supervise volunteers who support VCC’s service, e.g. Matchmaker service
- Provide information in a timely manner to support VCC’s marketing and communications
- Attend occasional outreach events to promote VCC’s service to people who want to volunteer locally
- Support CEO through provision of volunteer management intelligence, data and advice, e.g. funding applications
- Support colleagues where needed to help delivery and function of the Volunteer Centre
- Participate and contribute to strategic planning sessions
Skills and Abilities:
- Genuine team player
- Flexible approach
- Relationship builder
- A self starter, comfortable to work autonomously
- Someone not afraid to muck in
- Expert knowledge of Volunteer Management
- Passion for volunteering and work of volunteers
- Excellent professional writing skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge of charitable sector
- Ability to work on several projects to deadlines in a busy environment and see them through to completion
- Volunteer Centre experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Database/CRM experience
- Knowledge of Camden
- Experience of using Social Media in a professional capacity
Role reports to
HOW TO APPLY
Please send covering letter (MAX 2 pages) explaining why you are suitable for the role along with a CV through the Charity Jobs website.
Part-time (3 days/22.5hrs per week) – days can be flexible (Tues is preferred as one of the days). Most work will be carried out during normal office hours but some out of hours work may be required from time to time.
The role is currently based at VCC’s office in Kentish Town (2 Grafton Yard, London NW5 2ND). Travel around Camden will be required as part of the role.
About Volunteer Centre Camden
A society where volunteering is a core part of living, working, and playing in Camden.
Our mission is to make volunteering in Camden as simple, rewarding, accessible, and impactful as possible.
We support and encourage volunteering and work with organisations in and around the Borough of Camden to develop volunteering opportunities and ensure high standards in volunteer management.
Volunteer Centre Camden will always be:
- An Open and Inclusive Organisation
- Collaborative to the core
- Person centred in everything it does
- A great place to work and volunteer
The Volunteer Centre works tirelessly in Camden to:
- Recognise, celebrate and value all volunteers
- Promote and Champion volunteering
- Be a trusted partner of all local organisations
- Build a stronger, resilient & cohesive community through volunteering
Despite the difficult economic period for the sector, VCC has achieved a lot, punching far above its weight. Such examples of this include:
- Coordinating the volunteer response for the Chalcots Estate evacuation and used the experience to win a national-leading emergency volunteer programme (CAMERA)
- Organising the 2016 Camden Volunteer Awards which saw over 900 volunteers recognised and celebrated for the amazing and varied ways people come together to make their local areas and communities better to be a part of
- Being internationally recognised for its work evidenced through being invited several times to the United Nations Office at Geneva to present and lead discussions on volunteering
- London-leading Volunteer Fairs in terms of number of potential volunteers attending, number of VCS organisation attending look for volunteering and number of volunteers placed in roles as a result
- London-leading marketing and communications, with higher levels of followers and engagement than any other infrastructure organisation
- 100% of attendees at our Drop-in events said they were more likely to volunteer as a result; 96% of attending VCS organisations highly satisfied with our Volunteer Fairs
- Annual organisation survey comments of VCC service: “It is a great service for volunteers and organisations”; “Being a fantastic support in offering advice on finding volunteers”; “Being the focal point for Volunteer recruitment in Camden”
For more info and details on how to apply go to the CharityJob website.