Are you a Celebrity? Our dynamic charity, Volunteer Centre Camden, is seeking a Camden Celebrity to boost Volunteering in Camden.
Volunteer Centre Camden (VCC) is the lead volunteering agency for the London Borough of Camden, but as an independent voluntary sector charity it lacks resources to promote volunteering for the hundreds of great charities and community groups in the area as much as it would like. In the last four years alone we have created and facilitated the equivalent of £3 million worth of volunteering which we feel is great work, yet we know there are many local residents who are not aware of our services and do not know what volunteering can be done and where to go?
For instance, many local people do not realise you can very quickly find a volunteering opportunity in Camden just by clicking here: https://goo.gl/P1bla3
Also people do not know that there is a great website www.volunteercentrecamden.org.uk that is dedicated and focused to helping people and businesses (Team UP service) to help support the Camden community through volunteering.
Therefore, we are seeking a Camden Celebrity who can help raise the profile of volunteering and the work we do at Volunteer Centre Camden. The UK voluntary sector is going through tough times due to ongoing cuts and volunteers are needed more and more to help local people and keep Camden a great place to live and work.
- Passionate about volunteering and believe that volunteers change the world!–
- Willing to give just a little bit of time (honestly, a couple of hours here and there) to help spread the message of encouraging people to volunteer and how to go about it. We are also having our 50th birthday in 2017 (which we will be celebrating in March) and it would be great if you could (though not compulsory) come along? –
- Are somewhere on the spectrum between slightly famous and mega famous 😉 –
- Live, work or have a connection to the great Borough of Camden –
- Would be open to meet the fantastic and hard working team of staff, volunteers and trustees at Volunteer Centre Camden. We are a nice friendly bunch 🙂
We will give you all the support, training and information you need (as is best practice for volunteers), to help you be a huge success in this role and be able to make a huge difference in Camden!
We recently organised and hosted the Camden 2016 Volunteer Awards, you might want to check it out to see the great work that volunteers do in Camden at the moment: https://storify.com/VCCamden/2016-camden-volunteer-awards
If you ARE a celebrity then please get in touch ASAP using this email address firstname.lastname@example.org or ask to speak CEO Dominic on 020 7424 9990.
If you are NOT a celebrity then you can help too! Help us spread the word of volunteering by engaging with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Or email us on email@example.com if you want to find out more about how you can help.
Huge thanks to the support with this campaign from pro bono graphic designer Laura Pinkney www.laurapinkney.com