Volunteer to be part of the Night of the 10,000 Metres 2016 Rio (Olympic Games) qualifier trials event on Saturday 21st May 2016!
Runners participating in the event are aiming to achieve their personal bests for 10,000 metres, the first two male and female British athletes with qualifying times will secure a place at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. The event will also incorporate the England Athletics 10,000m championships, along with hosting junior races from inter-London borough schools.
If you’re good with people and thrive in an energetic but busy atmosphere, this might be the opportunity for you! They are looking for stewards to help support the event and add to the excitement.
The kind of support needed on the day will be:
• Meeting and greeting members of the public and participants.
• Marshalling the running track
• Signposting members of the public. E.g. to the registration desk, toilets, etc.
• Supporting staff with crowd control duties
• Assisting with setting up and packing away equipment and any leftover rubbish.
• Handing out leaflets
The deadline for applications is 6th May.
*** Looking for the 2017 event? Check out this post on our website for more info and details of how to apply.