Working (or planning to work) with volunteers?
Volunteer Centre Camden is here to help!
Volunteer Centre Camden is an independent charity which supports organisations that involve volunteers in Camden.
And we have a range of services to do just that.
- Best Practice Service – we will support your organisation to involve volunteers using recognised Best Practice techniques; you can book a meeting with our Best Practice Manager for help and support
- Greater London Volunteering Health Check – a “health check” for your volunteering programme – we will guide you through the 10 points of Best Practice and ensure you have all the help and support you need to complete the Health Check
- London’s Volunteer Management Charter – all our members are supported to sign up to indicate their commitment to using good practice when involving volunteering – a really great thing to show funders, volunteers and supporters
- Written guides, templates and examples of good practice from elsewhere – our Best Practice Service can help with all the documents you need for your volunteer programme
- Training – we run regular training workshops in-house, check our Events section for the most up-to-date info on what’s coming soon
- Mind the Gap – a service that helps you make your adverts more attractive to the volunteers you want to recruit
- Camden Volunteer Managers’ Forum – your chance to meet with others who work with volunteers in Camden, network, share techniques and make new links
- Organisations’ e-bulletin – your digest of sector news, dates for training, events, and a few highlights from us!
Helpful services for your organisation:
- SkillShare – our service where you search a list of potential volunteers who have specialist skills and ask them directly if you’d like to support your organisation
- Team UP – We can link your organisation with business volunteers.
- Volunteering Fairs – This is your chance to ‘sell’ your volunteering opportunities to people looking to volunteer. It’s also an opportunity to chance to meet with other not-for-profit organisations in Camden.
- Volunteer Recruitment – we promote volunteering widely throughout the borough and are contacted by more than 7000 people a year who want to volunteer in Camden – as a Member your opportunities can be seen by all these potential volunteers. Want to start advertising your opportunities now? You can register for that here.
These sessions are specifically for Volunteer Coordinators new to Camden, or those interested in joining us as a member.
The session gives an overview of what Volunteer Centre Camden has to offer, how the brokerage service works, and takes a look at how you can make your volunteering opportunities sound more exciting to potential volunteers, to help get more people interested in joining you!
To book a session, or to find out more about becoming a member, contact Shafia by email – or phone 020 7424 9990.
Info on DBS Checks For Volunteers:
DBS checks (standard and enhanced) are free for voluntary roles, there are some organisations that are registered to do DBS checks on behalf of others and charge a small admin fee for their time. Please see below for details:
Holy Cross Centre Trust
Admin cost: £9.99
020 7278 4437
Admin cost: £20
Contact: Susan Moore
020 7266 1992
You’ll find a full list here, which sadly isn’t searchable by area or postcode!