How we can help you recruit volunteers:
- Advertise your opportunities online with Simply Connect. Once registered, you can contact volunteers directly and amend existing roles. We use Simply Connect to match volunteers to roles. This includes all volunteers who attend our appointments, drop-ins, fairs you name it… If your role is not on Simply Connect it’s not visible to our clients, which would be a shame… so add it there now! 🙂
- Promote your opportunity on social media. The best way to do this is to tag us in your tweet or post. You will find all of the links to our socials via the icons to the right of every page.
- Book in for a volunteering fair. Our fairs are a perfect way to meet people who want to volunteer locally – and they have a 46% placement rate. Brilliant.
Need help planning your volunteering role? Check out our hints and tips below:
- Clarify within the organisation why you are involving volunteers, not only what tasks they might do, but what the benefits are, for the organisation, its users and volunteers themselves.
- Be clear what your volunteer policy says about the role of volunteers in the organisation. (Please contact us if you need to develop/update a volunteer policy.)
- Clarify the position on support, training, expenses, insurance etc.
- Liaise with colleagues so that everyone knows what is going on, and particularly how to deal with enquiries if the person responsible for co-ordinating volunteers is unavailable.
- Make sure there are the resources to involve volunteers, e.g. enough office space, money for expenses etc.
- Be clear what will happen when people get in touch, e.g. is there an interview, DBS check, application form to fill in, an induction meeting etc?
- Break the role down into specific tasks.
- Be clear if particular skills or experience are essential, but avoid excluding people by being unnecessarily rigid about what is required.
Looking for volunteers with specific skills?
Great! There are a number of ways to recruit skilled volunteers including Simply Connect, Comoodle, Social Media and Team UP.
Looking for business volunteers?
Cool! Our Corporate Engagement Manager can help make this happen.
Looking for trustees?
We’ve got you covered.
Simply add your roles to Simply Connect, and wait for the applications to roll in.
Not yet registered with us?
That’s ok. First you’ll need to register with our online database and search tool Simply Connect. This is quick and easy to do and once we make sure you are a non-profit, you’ll be approved to advertise roles and then you’re ready to go.
Unsure of what is best for you?
No worries! Get in touch with our membership team by phone on 020 7424 9990 or send them an email and they will be able to help.