CAMDEN50 – EXCEPTIONAL VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT FOR VOLUNTEERING AWARDS
We have just received this very exciting info from Camden Council which celebrates their 50th birthday, as well as volunteering in Camden.
‘Camden celebrates its 50th birthday as a borough this year. As part of the celebrations we would like to acknowledge the fantastic contributions of the borough’s volunteers. Ideally we would thank everyone individually but that would be impossible as it would involve thousands of people. So we are looking for ten exceptional volunteers to receive a certificate and thanks from the Mayor on behalf of the vast number of people who give their time every day to help others.’
There are ten categories for nominations:
- Young person (under 18)
- Older person (60 plus)
- New volunteer (started volunteering this year)
- Long-standing volunteer (more than five years)
- Volunteer who has overcome a personal challenge to volunteer (perhaps a disability or speaking English as a second language)
- Volunteer who has transformed lives
- Online/ remote or helpline volunteer
- Employee volunteer who volunteers through their workplace
- Group of volunteers who have made an exceptional contribution
There is also a special award for the most exceptional person who has volunteered in the borough of Camden for 50 years.
Any individual or organisation can nominate a volunteer and it is a quick and simple process. The awards are open to anyone who volunteers in Camden, except for Camden Council staff who may not enter. The judging will be done by an independent panel. The awards ceremony will be on Thursday 19 November 2015 at 6.00pm Camden Town Hall, Judd Street, WC1H 9JE. All are welcome to attend.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com or call 0207 974 6457.
The closing date for nominations is 5pm on Wednesday 21 October 2015
Best of luck to all of the nominees!