Is that you?
Check out all of the details below, and pass it on or apply now!
Kentish Town Community Centre
Volunteer Trustee Treasurer –
We’re a modern and forward looking community centre, and our board reflects this. We’re constantly adapting how we communicate and make decisions.
Our fantastic staff support people in setting up new courses and activities at our beautiful centre. From Pilates to Addiction Recovery, from Martial Arts to Cake Decorating.
We’re also a food bank hub for Kentish Town, with free or low cost physical and mental health services. We have our own in-house Youth Service, Older People’s Service, Free Legal Advice and a free membership scheme with events open to all.
How can you help?
We’re after a Volunteer Trustee Treasurer who wants to join us on our journey to becoming the best Community Centre in North London. You will make an active contribution to the governance and development of our vibrant organisation and its impact on the community.
- Contribute actively to the Board of Trustee’s role in setting strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policies, defining goals and evaluating performance
- Develop and present regular financial reports to the Board, including the annual budget, financial and cash-flow forecasts, and balance sheet risks
- Advising on the financial implications of strategic and operational plans
- Help our dynamic Centre Manager and part-time Bookkeeper develop a balanced budget and achieve against financial targets
- Work with our Bookkeeper to develop management reporting to aid in management and board decisions
- Support the board and management in ensuring the Centre’s overall financial viability by ensuring appropriate financial systems and controls and informing the board of its financial duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the annual accounts and financial statements and any other companies house filings meet required standards
- Lead the board in developing financial, reserves and investment policies
- Take the lead on appointing and assessing our external accountants and part- time bookkeeper
- Curious about how you can best use your skills to support your community
- Qualified accountant with experience from accounting firms, commercial or not-for-profit organisations. Experience in charity accounting preferable
- Experience in strategic financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, financial and cash-flow reporting preferable
- Ability to convey financial matters to non-financial experts, and coach non- financial board members as necessary
- Challenge constructively, and respect the diverse skills and experience of Trustees and Staff
- Transparent, honest and diligent
- Trustees meet 10-12 times per year
- You will likely hold additional meetings with the Centre Manager and our part time Bookkeeper (who usually comes in on Fridays)
Application: Call Tim Shand (Chair of Trustees) on 07972 210882 for an informal chat, or email email@example.com Diversity: Diversity is important to us. We encourage applications from all ages and background.
Address: 17 Busby Place, London NW5 2SP