+ Beginners’ / intermediate level training for volunteer managers everywhere +
Have you noticed that your traditional, ongoing roles that were previously easy to fill, are increasingly difficult to recruit for? Have you heard about the trend towards more ‘flexible’ volunteering, but are feeling bamboozled by the terms flexible, ad-hoc, micro and episodic volunteering? Do you send application forms to potential volunteers, never to hear from them again?
Join us to consider a number of ways that you can make it easier for people to volunteer with you… however much time they have to give, whatever their motivation for volunteering may be, however much they may be averse to admin.
During the day we will:
- De-mystify the terminology
- Explore who wants to volunteer in this way and how can it benefit your organisation
- Find out how to make the first step into volunteering easier
- Look at some traditional volunteer roles and if they can be fulfilled more flexibly
- Talk about concerns/challenges to making changes
- Think about the potential rewards and benefits to including flexible volunteering to your existing volunteer programme
By the end of the workshop we will understand why this type of volunteering is becoming popular, how it work for a number of local organisations and consider ways to trial this at your organisation. All our workshops are interactive and feature exercises which you will explore in small groups.
10am-1pm ‘Creating Easier Opportunities for Volunteering’ Workshop
Book your place on Eventbrite now. >>> We have a few free places available for Camden non-profits with a turnover of less than £150K. Get in touch with Shafia by email if this applies to your organisation. (Many thanks to our funder Camden Council for making this possible.)
Good to know:
>> This is BEGINNERS’ / INTERMEDIATE level training.
> We will provide light refreshments. However, if you have any special dietary requirements please come prepared personally.
We look forward to seeing you on the day! 🙂