Join Volunteer Centre Camden and get full access to our services for organisations, including advertising your volunteering opportunities, attending our successful monthly volunteering fairs and free or discounted volunteer management training.
And did we mention membership is free! How good is that?
We welcome all non-profit organisations including:
- community groups
- social enterprises
- statutory organisations
- local charities
- national charities
Organisations should be based in the Borough of Camden, have volunteering opportunities in Camden or be on the borders of Camden (Barnet, Brent, City of London, Haringey, Islington, Westminster). And if you’re opportunity is unique, then we are happy to accept your registration too.
If your volunteering doesn’t take place in Camden, you may also want to contact your local volunteer centre. Most boroughs have one.
Sounds great! Sign me up now.
Registering with us is quick and easy (and free, hurrah!)
- Follow this link to register.
- Have a read of the volunteer management charter here. When you sign up with us, you have agreed to the principles in the charter.
- We will approve your registration by email within five working days (hopefully sooner).
- Happy days! You are now registered with us. 🙂
Want to know more about why it’s a good idea to register with Volunteer Centre Camden? Then read on.
We will give you support in managing volunteers:
- Best Practice Service – we will support your organisation to involve volunteers using recognised Best Practice techniques; you can book a meeting with our Best Practice Manager for help and support
- Greater London Volunteering Health Check – a ‘health check’ for your volunteering programme – we will guide you through the 10 points of Best Practice and ensure you have all the help and support you need to complete the Health Check
- London’s Volunteer Management Charter – all our members are supported to sign up to the charter to indicate their commitment to using good practice when involving volunteers – a really great thing to show funders, volunteers and supporters
- Written guides, templates and examples of good practice from elsewhere – our Best Practice Service can help with all the documents you need for your volunteer programme
- Training – we run regular training volunteer management workshops
- Action Learning – a well-regarded ongoing group development activity – we meet and discuss a problem in your work in a group session, providing supportive and challenging questions, with actions to take away and try in your workplace, contact our Best Practice Manager if you’d like to participate
- Mind the Gap – a service that helps you make your adverts more attractive to the volunteers you want to recruit
- Volunteer Managers’ Forums – your chance to meet with other volunteer managers to network, share techniques and talk about all things volunteer management
- Regular organisations’ e-bulletin – highlighting key information and developments in volunteering, both locally and nationally.
Volunteer recruitment and advertising your roles:
- Volunteering Fairs – your chance to attend to a large volunteer recruitment, to meet with other organisations and most importantly people who want to volunteer
- Volunteer Connect: advertise your volunteering opportunities to 100s of people every month who look for a role in Camden
- SkillShare –search a list of potential volunteers who have specialist skills and ask them directly if they’d like to support your organisation through volunteering.
- Volunteer Recruitment – we promote volunteering widely throughout the borough and are contacted by 7000 to 8000 people a year who want to volunteer in Camden – if you sign up to Volunteer Connect your opportunities will be seen by all these potential volunteers
All organisations that register with Volunteer Centre Camden agree to:
- Sign the volunteer management charter (if for any reason you are unable to sign the charter, please contact Volunteer Centre Camden’s Best Practice Manager.)
- Respond to enquiries of prospective volunteers within 5 days
- Assign a nominated person to deal with enquiries – and a back-up contact if they are not available
- Let us know the names of any volunteers who start with you. We will ask for this information in our bi-weekly e-bulletin.
- Keep us up-to-date with any changes to your volunteering opportunities, this includes things like:
- Any staff changes in your organisation/ opportunity contact
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Description of volunteering opportunity
- Closing date for volunteer recruitment
- Anything else a potential volunteer would need to know
- Respond to our yearly survey of members. We value your feedback and use it to improve and develop our services into the future.
If you have any questions about membership, including where to send your forms – then contact our Membership Team by email or phone 020 7424 9990.
Check it out: We recommend you also join Voluntary Action Camden which is an independent charity, and the local Council For Voluntary Services.
We both work to support Camden’s voluntary and community sector in different, complimentary ways – find out more about details of Voluntary Action Camden’s services here.