We are happy to announce the full launch of Team UP, our business volunteering service.
Are you a local business that wants their staff to volunteer in Camden? Are you a non-profit that wants to involve employee volunteers in what you do?
Good news! We have a project called Team Up which can help you do just that.
Let’s face it. Making the connections to start an employee volunteering programme can take more time than it’s worth. And that’s where Team Up comes in (to save the day!).
We have a staff member dedicated to making it work by arranging meetings, and making sure the volunteering on the day(s) goes well.
Volunteering for your business
Volunteer Centre Camden can support your business to involve staff as volunteers in the Camden community with a focus on skill-sharing and sustainable relationships. This has excellent benefits for staff development, including improved morale, and takes your corporate social responsibility to the next level. We make the hard work easy by not only arranging introductions, but also providing ongoing support for both sides.
We’ll work with you and help you by:
- Connecting you with over 200 community and employer partners
- Helping your employees to get the most out of volunteering
- Offering a variety of events and forums which support the development of your volunteering programme
Benefits for employers:
- Focus on your volunteering priorities through regular strategy meetings and ongoing support
- Make new connections with community organisations and charities in your neighbourhood
- Gain access to a wide range of opportunities for staff to choose from and guidance to create unique flagship projects
- Work together with a dedicated relationship manager
Benefits for community organisations/charities:
- Enhance existing services and undertake new initiatives that could not be done
- Access to specialist skills and hands-on support
- Support to design opportunities for employee volunteers that can directly have an impact on your work and address your organisational priorities
- Help to set up sustainable partnerships with local employers to assist in the development and growth
Our experienced team works with partners to make the right project matches. Consultancy and support is flexible around your organisation and its goals, with tailored assistance to develop projects that meet a real need in Camden and your business objectives. We gather project feedback form all of our partners to support continuous learning.
Why employee volunteering?
Employee Volunteering helps:
- Develop new employee skills
- Improve morale and build successful teams
- Encourage staff to play an active role in their local community
Also, employee volunteering has a positive effect on:
- Employee perception of your company – Employees value the company more if they enjoy your interest and support
- Relationship with your community – Raise your profile at the local level
- Quality of your workforce – Helps attract and keep committed and enthusiastic staff
- Staff development – Can be low cost to you and integrated with community benefits
Interested? Contact Catherine, our Corporate Engagement Manager by phone on 020 7424 9990 or email. Catherine’s usual working days are Tuesdays-Thursdays.