Bom Dia!! The Rio 2016 Olympics and Paralympics are almost here. We are hugely excited about this and we wish the best luck to Team GB — and to all of their competitors as well. 😉
Inspired to get fit and get sporty? We’re highlighting a fab bunch of fantastic sports volunteering opportunities on offer in Camden (and a bit beyond) right now:
- Fleetwell Swimming Club is looking for helpers to encourage disabled people to be confident in the water.
- The Camden Society is looking for volunteers to act as fitness buddies/mentors providing 1:1 support to participants with learning disabilities and/or mental health conditions.
- Project Dirt is looking for Great Escape volunteers. The Great Escape takes place every August, a week-long holiday packed with activities for people with learning disabilities, including those with profound and multiple disabilities, those with autism and older people.
- West Euston Partnership – One Stop Shop is looking for an Ability Bikes Coordinator to promote their adapted bikes service to disability groups to increase their use.
- On Sunday 6 November 2016 RLSB is hosting their annual flagship event, the ‘Blindfold Run 10k’ in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Royal London Society for Blind People is looking for a Blindfold Run Volunteer. Volunteer roles will include supporting the registration desk, marshaling, distributing goodie bags, cheerleading the runners.
- Kentish Town City Farm is looking for a support volunteer for therapeutic riding.
- Hampstead Rugby Club run a Club Volunteer Programme and would like more people to get involved on their committee, as most of the existing committee at Hampstead RFC are fulfilling two, three or even more roles.
- Hampstead Football Club is always looking for volunteers to contribute to all areas of the club and are specifically looking for a Football Coach.
- Bikeworks Community Interest Company is looking for an Inclusive Cycling Club and Admin Volunteer.
- Centra Care and Support is looking for a Sports and Leisure Volunteer.
- Highgate Harriers Athletics Club is looking for volunteers to help with coaching assistance on our club nights (Tuesday and Thursday 6-7pm). You can get in touch with them via their website.
- The Conservation Volunteers is looking for conservation volunteers for Belsize and Adelaide Green Gym!
- The Good Gym, which is looking for volunteers who want to do good and get fit in their community, meets at Somers Town Community Centre which is located adjacent to Kings Cross and St Pancras International rail stations. Find out more info and apply on our website.
- Pro Touch Soccer Academy is looking for volunteers. You can contact them on 020 3417 0747 or email@example.com. And you can find out what they’re all about on their website.
- Camden Canal’s and Narrowboat Association is looking for volunteers to help run a narrowboat on Regent’s Canal. Details on the Team London website.
- Community TIME Camden at Abbey Community Centre in Kilburn is looking for a Table Tennis Assistant. Details on the Team London website.
- The Camden Society is looking for Walking Group Volunteers.
- Hampstead Heath Parkrun is looking for Parkrun Volunteers at Hampstead Heath every Saturday at 9am.
- West Hampstead Women’s Centre is looking for a Female Pilates Volunteer Instructor.
- UP (Unlocking Potential) is looking for Activities Volunteers to assist and run dynamic and creative activity groups (or one-to-one sessions), including sports and dance.
- The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) is recruiting Belsize and Adelaide Green Gym Volunteers to maintain Belsize Wood and Adelaide Nature Reserves. Volunteers aged 14+ are welcome (with parental consent). And younger volunteers are welcome as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
And finally did you know London is hosting another world-class sporting events in 2017? You can register now to be a ‘runner’ for the World Athletics in London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in July and August 2017. Full details on our website.