If you work for Camden Council then you have the option of volunteering for one day, this could be broken into small parts, done as a group or by yourself. Here are just a few ideas of what you could do to help inspire you: (correct at the time of publication)
- Get fit by running and do good with Good Gym Camden: https://www.goodgym.org/areas/camden/group-runs
- Help blind and low vision people through an app on your phone – Be My Eyes (https://www.bemyeyes.com/)
- Get fit through conservation work and make Camden greener with Camden Green Gym: https://www.tcv.org.uk/london/green-gym-london/camden-green-gym
- A number of opportunities for Castlehaven Community Centre: Get fit, get active, get gardening… CCC is always looking for helpers to maintain their local park every Wednesday 10.30am-2.30pm. https://www.castlehaven.org.uk/whats-on/event/1459/
- Food Drop: Reduce and waste and help local causes by collecting and distributing surplus food at a time that suits you. (About to be launched in Camden) https://www.fooddrop.co.uk
- North London Cares: Intergenerational social clubs to reduce isolation and loneliness for local older residents: https://northlondoncares.org.uk/activities
- Action Tutoring is an education charity that supports disadvantaged young people to achieve meaningful qualificationson leaving primary and secondary school. You will work with one or two pupils for an hour a week across the course of a school term; either before, during or after the school day.Sessions are delivered on the school premises at the same time each week; we also have one-off volunteering opportunities. We provide all of our tutors with training and resources, and we will also process a DBS check for you. https://actiontutoring.org.uk/
- Marie Curie are looking for Collection Volunteers for their national Daffodil campaign. You can volunteer for as little as two hours a day! Visit the website for more information. https://www.mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil
There are hundreds of great local charities and community groups that need the support of volunteers.
Have a look at our dedicated online volunteer opportunity database: https://volunteercentrecamden.org.uk/search-volunteering-roles/
If you still need some help with some ideas, then contact us at Volunteer Centre Camden directly:
Telephone: 020 7424 9990
One Further Suggestion
Have you considered becoming a Trustee of a charity? It is a great way to volunteer and can fit around work hours. The above sites will have Trustee opportunities or why not approach a charity you like and ask if they need any more Trustees at the moment. Include a CV and a short statement about what skills and experience you could offer.