Have a look at the listings below for when and where you can come and see us.
See you soon!
Helpful hint: You can choose to view our upcoming events in a number of different ways by using the drop-down menu that reads ‘Posterboard’.
What an amazing day of learning and networking that we have lined up for you.
Join us for our first ever Best Practice Plus volunteer management workshop, which will be followed by a networking lunch and volunteer managers’ forum.
Our day will kick off with the volunteer management workshop, ‘Difficult Conversations With Volunteers’, delivered by Rupal Karia and Sheila Norris from Volunteer Centre Camden – who have more than 24 years’ volunteer management experience between them.
In one morning, this workshop will cover:
- Identifying situations that would result in a difficult conversation
- How to make sure the conversation goes as smoothly as possible (including preparation, timing and effective communication)
- Next steps (including dealing with the potential fall out) after the conversation
- Practical things you can do to avoid difficult conversations in the first place
The workshop will be interactive and will feature role plays and scenarios which you will explore in small groups. We encourage participants to bring their own examples of difficult conversations so that this course is as relevant to you as possible.
Following the workshop will be a networking lunch and volunteer managers’ forum where we will discuss a variety of topics relating to volunteer management, or we can carry on with situations which relate to difficult conversations. The content of the forum is decided by you on the day.
For this forum, together we will:
- Examine real life examples of volunteer management challenges in your organisation and help you identify what to do next
- Look at some of the underlying causes of difficulties, and consider strategies to prevent them
10am-12pm ‘Difficult Conversations With Volunteers’ Workshop
12-1.30pm Volunteer Managers’ Forum and Networking Lunch
>>> Book your place on Eventbrite here.
>> We have a few free places available for Camden non-profits which have no paid staff and are unfunded. Get in touch with Sheila by email if this applies to your organisation.
> We will provide food and drink with vegetarian and meat options. However, if you have any special dietary requirements please come prepared personally.
We look forward to seeing you on the day! 🙂
Want to volunteer in Camden?
Come and see us at our office in Kentish Town on Tuesday 15th August between 12 and 2pm. We will be on hand to help you do a search for volunteering in Camden (and a bit beyond), as well as answer any questions you may have about volunteering.
Please note: Our drop-ins are for people who need extra support to get started with their volunteering. People who get the most out of drop-ins:
- need extra support to use a computer
- are not sure what they would like to do as a volunteer – and would like to talk about the options available before they apply
- are unable to access the internet elsewhere
There is no need to book. Just drop in! 🙂
Volunteer Centre Camden is at 2 Grafton Yard, London, NW5 2ND. Check out this link to a map of where we are with directions on how to get here.
Please note: If you have access to the internet, are comfortable using computers and you know what you want to do as a volunteer then you can do an online search now via Volunteer Connect – and there is no need to come to the drop-in.