Best Practice Information and Support
Volunteer Centre Camden has a dedicated Best Practice Manager to help organisations in Camden to include volunteers in their work effectively, safely and in a way that benefits both the organisation and the volunteer.
Contact Rupal to arrange a one-to-one meeting, or to get guidance about volunteer management.
We also send regular emails about specific Best Practice events and information which you can sign up for at the bottom left of every page on this website.
We can help with all aspects of best practice when involving volunteers in your organisation’s work, including topics such as:
- How to train and support your colleagues that work with volunteers
- What to include in a Volunteer Agreement
- Creating a Volunteering Policy
- Refunding volunteer expenses
- Writing effective adverts for volunteering opportunities
- Writing high-quality role descriptions
- New idea for how to include volunteers
- Health & Safety, insurance and legal obligations when including volunteers
- Rewarding and recognising volunteer contributions to your organisation
- Training to offer your volunteers
- One-to-one support – in your own premises or somewhere convenient to you
- Support and guidance and information by email, telephone or online
- Coaching – either with an individual or to groups in your premises or in VCC’s training facility in Kentish Town
- Training in volunteer management via our Volunteer Management Academy.
We also have a forum specifically for Camden’s Volunteer Coordinators. The next forum takes place after our AGM and is for everyone who works with business volunteers. Check out all of the details on Eventbrite.
Get in touch and we’ll see how we can help!